Uniform helps develop a sense of identity with our schools. We have our own school uniform and all children are encouraged to wear it. The uniform is based on the colours jade, grey, navy and white or a yellow checked or striped dress for River Mead pupils.
The Mead’s school logo is a badger, Castle Mead’s is a bat (the only school in the country to have a bat as the logo!) and River Mead’s is a kingfisher.
- Jade school sweatshirt or cardigan
- White or navy polo shirt
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore
- Jade/white checked, or striped dress (yellow at River Mead)
- Sensible dark shoes (no heels or slingbacks/no open-toed sandals in summer)
- Waterproofs to be in school with wellies/old trainers for use on the field at playtimes
- Legionnaires hat or a hat for summer
- School book bag
- White t-shirt – (children will be advised in school of their colour)
- Navy shorts and tracksuit bottoms
- Navy hoodie (optional)
- The Mead PE Bag
We expect P.E clothes to be kept in a named bag and be available in school all week. Cloakroom space is limited so children should not bring large sports bags to school. Shorts and a t-shirt should be worn for P.E and games. Indoor P.E is done in bare feet and trainers are required for outdoor P.E. For outdoor physical activities a tracksuit top, sweatshirt, or jumper with navy jogging bottoms and trainers is necessary for use in colder and/or damp weather.
All of our school uniform with the school logo is available from:
55/56 Fore Street
Tel: 01225 753586
For reasons of Health & Safety children must not wear jewellery except watches and stud earing (no hooped earings). If a child comes to school in inappropriate footwear, heels, slingbacks, fashion boots, etc. they will be required to wear their plimsolls. The school also discourages the wearing of nail polish and designer sportswear. The school cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal items such as watches, toys or clothes.